Digital Watermarking Applications
Digital watermarks have been broadly and successfully deployed in billions of media objects across a wide range of applications. The following application areas are described in detail with information of how the technology works, case studies highlighting some of the most prevalent real world uses and links to related information that you may find useful.
- Content identification and management
- Content protection for audio and video content
- Forensics and piracy deterrence
- Content filtering (includes blocking and triggering of actions)
- Communication of ownership and copyrights
- Document and image security
- Authentication of content and objects (includes government IDs)
- Broadcast monitoring
- Locating content online
- Rich media enhancement for mobile phones
- Audience measurement
- Improved auditing
How Digital Watermarking Works
A digital watermark is digital data that can be embedded into all forms of media content, including digital images, audio, video and even certain objects. read more...